GAA Injury Scheme
The injury scheme does not seek to compensate fully for injury but to supplement other Schemes such as Personal Accident or Health Insurance. The Scheme only provides cover for unrecoverable losses up to the limit specified under the scheme. Ultimately, the responsibility to ensure that adequate cover is in place lies with the individual member.
Claims under the GAA Injury Scheme
• Medical – If you have medical insurance [Quinn, VHI] a claim must be made with your medical provider. Otherwise unrecoverable medical expenses are covered up to a maximum of €4,500 with the first €100 of each and every claim excluded.
• Dental – Unrecoverable dental expenses are covered up to a maximum of €4,500 with the first €100 of each and every claim excluded.
• Loss of wages – A claim may be made for unrecoverable loss of basic net wages (excluding overtime, bonuses etc, and Social Welfare benefit, Income Protection etc received is taken into account) payable up to 52 weeks but excluding the 1st week.
Week 1 - Nil
Weeks 2-4 - up to €200
Weeks 5-52 - up to €400
A player who is earning a basic net wage of €300 per week and gets injured is entitled to the following;
Week 1 – Nil, Weeks 2-4 – €200, Weeks 5-52 – €300.
If that person had private insurance, i.e. income protection or received Social Welfare of say €200 per week as a result of injury he would be entitled to the following;
Week 1 – Nil, Weeks 2-4 – €100, Weeks 5-52 – €100 (Being, €300 less €200 received)
KINGSCOURT STARS POLICY
All claims forms must be fully completed within 3 weeks of the injury being sustained. Forms may be obtained from your teams Insurance Liaison Officer [listed below]. Completed forms should then be given to your teams Insurance Liaison Officer.
The following documentation, if applicable, is required when submitting a claim;
• Medical / Dental receipts
• Private medical insurance details
• Copy of referee’s report
• 3 recent payslips dated prior to the injury or letter from employer stating basic net wage. If self employed, a letter from your Accountant.
Team Liaison Officers
• Juvenile (Under 8 to Under 14) – James Brown [086 864 0380]
• Under 16 – Dave Burke [087 680 9369]
• Minor – Kieran Lynch [087 246 7690]
• U-21 – Gabriel Patterson [087 256 8600]
• Senior / Junior – Philip Smith [087 978 4022]
For further information and details go to http://www.gaa.ie/clubzone/gaa-injury-scheme/ or contact Mattie Kennedy [086 860 7294 ] (Club Insurance Officer) or Kevin Shiels [086 362 2084] (Club Co-Treasurer)